From Facebook’s support: “If your Page’s category is Local Business, Company or Organization, your Page may be eligible for a gray verification badge. If you’re an admin, your Page has a profile picture and cover photo and is eligible, you’ll see this option in your Page’s Settings.” To verify your Page, you can use your business’s publicly listed phone number or a business document (example: phone bill).
The steps to follow are:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click General
- Go to Page Visibility, then click Edit
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country, and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
Benefits of having a grey badge
- Instant EGO boost (come on, you feel good when you see it)
- Boosts credibility in your business or image
- Users will know they are interacting with the real page
- Verified pages will rank higher on Facebook’s search results.